There are many legends about Chua Huong and its various pagodas. Huong Tich cave is an especially sacred place because "the legend says that Bodhisatva (Quan Am) went South and stayed at Huong Tich Pagoda in order to help save human souls.] A stone at Phat Tich temple is said to be her preserved footprint.
Huong Tich Cave
- The center of the Chua Huong complex, Huong Tich Cave houses Chua Trong (Inner Temple). The mouth of the cave has the appearance of an open dragon’s mouth with Chu Nho characters carved in a wall at the mouth of the cave. The characters (Nam thien de nhat dong) are translated as “the foremost cave under the Southern Heavens” and the carving is dated to 1770. The words are attributed by some to the ruler of that time, Thinh Do Vuong
- Inside the cave there are many statues. There is a large statue of Lord
- , as well as one of Quan Am, both made of a green stone.
- 's "left leg is stretched out and the foot lies on a lotus flower, her right leg is bent and is supported by a lotus flower with supple leaves; a hand holds a pearl."
- There are also statues of Arhats and various other figures. Among the naturally occurring features of the cave are numerous stalactites and stalagmites, some of which are worn smooth from years of rubbing by visitors to the cave.
- 8:00 am: Our tour guide and driver will pick you up at your hotel then transfer to Perfume Pagoda. After about 2hrs traveling by car, we will arrive Ben Duc boat harbor then we take one hour boat trip - rowed by local people on the stream named Yen. We will deeply enjoy the attractive mountain views mirror-image in the crystal water mirror of the stream en route and the nice rice paddies on sides. We get to the main Pagoda - Cave on the top of the highest mountain in the range by cable car to visit a beautiful cave in Huong pagoda's complex.
- After visiting the cave, we go down to a local restaurant for lunch. Then climb up a little bit to visit the largest and most beautiful pagoda in the complex near by. We get on the boat and go back to the harbor and then drive back to Hanoi. Tour ends.
- Round trip shutle Bus
- English speaking tour guide
- Lunch at local restaurant.
- Admission fees and permits where applicable
- Boat trip and one way cable car
- Personal expenses
- Travel insurance